Buildings in Hamburg, NY - Table of Contents

Bethlehem Management Club / Brierwood Country Club
Rogers Road, Hamburg, N.Y.

Architect: Bley and Lyman
Completed: 1964

In 1956 Bethlehem Steel Co. acquired 400 acres on Rogers Road between Cloverbank Rd and Amsdell Rd. for the Bethlehem Management Club. The club was established in 1958.

In 1987 E. F. Burke Development Co. purchased the club, renaming it Brierwood Country Club. The club is now privately owned.

Dining and reception facilities for 400 people.

Adjoining the club is the Activities Center with a recreation room and pool.

-- Source: "Brierwood Country Club," in the September 1, 1991 edition of the "Buffalo Evening News"



Click on illustrations for larger view and information

 

Neoclassical style with Tuscan columns


Block modillions


Keystones

Adjoining Activities Center

Air vents

Activities Center entrance

Cupola and deck

 

 

Broken pediment above door

Bethlehem Steel Co
Illustrations. Time line

 

Through-the-cornice dormer



See also: Bethlehem Steel Co Illustrations. Time line

Photos and their arrangement 2002 Chuck LaChiusa
..| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index...| .. E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.