Louis Kurtzman House
24 Lincoln Parkway, Buffalo, NY
||Esenwein & Johnson
|Other Lincoln Parkway Homes
..... Buffalo Park and Parkway System
||The 2011 National Trust for Historic Preservation Conference in Buffalo Candlelight House Tour
from the 2011 Candlelight House Tour
during The National Trust for Historic Preservation Conference in Buffalo.
Sponsored by Preservation Buffalo Niagara.
This home was completed in 1910 by Esenwein & Johnson for Louis S. Kurtzmann, president of the C. Kurtzmann Piano Company, founded by his father Christian in 1848.
Louis R. Davidson of the Davidson Ore Mining Company moved here in 1914. His family resided here for nearly 40 years. There were a succession of twelve owners that followed, including Reverends Haas and Mielke of the First Presbyterian Church.
The style is Spanish Colonial Revival. This 6 bedroom house is solidly built, with horizontal massing and an asymmetrical footprint with a porte cochere. The first floor is brick, the second floor is stucco, and the low-pitched roof is of red clay tile. There is also use of wrought iron, terra cotta, and cast concrete, stone engaged columns and leaded glass.
Source: 2005 Exhibit at the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society Museum
Photo source: Beautiful Homes of Buffalo, 1915
Note terra cotta roofs ..... Hip roofs ..... Shed roof on dormer ..... Porte-cochere
web site consulting by ingenious, inc.