Illustrated FURNITURE Glossary


A narrow edging or border of contrasting veneer used as a border or edging on tabletops, drawer fronts, etc; a contrasting band of inlay

Popular in 18th-century furniture.

See also: stringing

Examples from Buffalo:

Photos and their arrangement © 2005 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.