305 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY

Built:

Circa 1888

Architect:

?

Style:

Colonial Revival

Exterior building material:

Onondaga limestone

First known residents:

Mr. & Mrs. William C. Warren lived here in 1892. Mr, Williams was with James P. Warren's Sons. He was publisher and proprietor of the Buffalo Commercial located on Washington and North Division.



Click on illustrations for larger size -- and additional information


Colonial Revival built of locally quarried Onondaga limestone

Portico supported by Greek fluted/Tuscan columns

Classical balustrade

South elevation

Bowed oriel window supported by molded corbel

Side light to the right of the front door

Single-light sashes

Oval paneled front door

Oak fluted Tuscan pilaster supports round arch

Paneled wainscoting

Turned balusters and newel post

Turned balusters

Fireplace

Modillion-supported mantel

Glazed tiles




Scrolled cast iron fireback





Home of Judge Charles B. Wheeler, 305 Elmwood Avenue
Source: Source: Beautiful Homes of Buffalo, 1915 edition, Figure 29
University at Buffalo: Home of Judge Charles B. Wheeler, 305 Elmwood Avenue


Special thanks to 2008 house owner Raymond Bennett for his cooperation and Natalie Bennett for her assistance.
Photos and their arrangement 2008 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.