Delaware Park - Table of Contents .............................. Museum District - Table of Contents

Reproduction Michelangelo's David
Delaware Park, Buffalo, NY
Sabatino de Angelis and F. Napoli, sculptors
1900

The original is found in the Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze.
David was given to the City and the Historical Society as a gift by Andrew Langdon, Buffalo businesssman and scholar.  In 1900, Mr. Langdon saw the bronze statue at the Paris Exposition, where it received a gold medal. He purchased the statue.
David is 17 feet tall and stands on a 9 foot granite pedestal which weighs 3,800 pounds.

Click on illustrations for larger size

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sculptors

Donor


Photos and their arrangement 2008 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.