IIllustrated Architecture Dictionary
In Buffalo, some interest developed in this style because of city's hosting of the 1901 Pan-American Exposition where the officially sanctioned style was Spanish.
Landmark houses in this style are rare outside of Florida and the Southwest where Spanish Colonial building occurred. However, in the related Mission style which preceded the Revival movement, there are examples throughout the country.
- Low-pitched roof, usually with little or no overhang
- Red tile roof covering
- One or more prominent arches placed above door or window, or beneath porch roof
- Usually stucco wall surface
Examples from Buffalo architecture:
- Illustration above: 89 Depew Ave.
- 89 Depew Ave. - entrance
- 89 Depew Ave. - windows
- E. F. Hall Office and Residence