Illustrated Architecture Dictionary
Saw tooth course: a course of headers laid at a 45 degree angle to the main face.
Saw tooth: Having a jagged or zigzag pattern, outline, or course.
Saw tooth roof: A
roof system having a number of parallel roof surfaces of triangular
section with a profile similar to the teeth in a saw; usually the
steeper side is glazed
[glass] and often faces north.
- main dictionary entry
- Illustration above: Health Sciences Charter School/ St. Vincent's Orphanage
- 1719 Main Street Wooden shingles
- Frank Hamlin House Brick course
- Dietel Gym, Health Sciences Charter School Brick course
- 1 North Pearl Street Brick course