Knox Main House - Table of Contents ..... Show Houses - Table of Contents

2012 photos
Exterior - Knox Summer Estate Main House
Knox Farm State Park, East Aurora, NY

Knox Farm State Park - Official Website  (Online Dec. 2012)

The Junior League of Buffalo / The Buffalo News 2013 Decorators’ Show House

Built:
Circa 1916-17
Architect: Frank Bell Meade and James Montgomery Hamilton, Cleveland
Original owners:
Frank H., Jr. and Dorothy Knox Goodyear
Second owners:
Seymour H. Knox, Jr.
The Goodyears sold the East Aurora house in 1929 to Dorothy Knox Goodyear’s brother, Seymour Knox Jr.
Third owner:
New York State
House size:
14,400 square feet
Management (2012):
The Friends of Knox Farm State Park and the Regional Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation have reached an agreement which enables the Friends to manage rentals of the downstairs of the Main House. Several gatherings have already been planned for next year.
More information:
Behind the Scenes at Historic Knox Farm State Park: More than Trails and Wildlife   (Online Dec. 2012)

Photos taken in December 2012








Main entrance



Fretwork



Note shutter brackets



Porch adjacent to the Great room



Rear



Rear




Photos and their arrangement 2012 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.