Graycliff - Table of Contents

Graycliff Visitor Center - 2002 Photos
6472 Old Lakeshore Road, Derby NY

2001 Remodeling Architect:

Patrick J. Mahoney of Lauer-Manguso Architects

Fixturing design:

Scott Wood of Hadley Displays, in association with Bill Wisniewski of E-Z Graphics.

Operational:

July 26, 2001

History of building:

This building was constructed in 1957 as a gymnasium by the Piarist fathers and upgraded to an energy efficient handicapped accessible structure in this renovation. It will be the only structure built by the Piarist fathers to be incorporated into the restored estate.


Click on illustrations for larger size

Rear of Visitor Center

2002 rebuilt field stone wall

 

 

 

 

 

Decorative poster of Frank Lloyd Wright is suspended from the ceiling

Graycliff model in Visitors Center

Martin summer home in middle rear; Foster House on the right

Rear of Foster House with main house behind it.

View of esplanade, main house and Foster House


Special thanks to Patrick J. Mahoney for his cooperation and assistance


Stair tower to Lake Erie





Photos and their arrangement 2002 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.