|Drawing #5: St. John tavern and house
This is the only known representation of the large two-story New England-type tavern building which stood on the west side of Main Street at the present Court Street. Note the tavern sign at the top of a tall pole near the edge of the road. The small simpler building at the right is an accurate representation of the St. John building which survived.
See also the drawing of the house in a 1912 book published by the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society