|The main part of the temple - the colonnade
and the sun court were built by Amenhotep III, and a later
addition by Rameses
II, who built the entrance pylon, and the two obelisks.
(The missing obelisk was given to France, and is now at the center of the Place de la Concorde. In return for the obelisk, King Louis Philippe of France in 1845 presented to Muhammad Ali a clock for the Mosque of Muhammad Ali Pasha.)
Out of view in the foreground: row of sphinxes