|Dr. Thomas F. Rochester House.
"The Good Samaritan" window was given in memory of Dr. Thomas F Rochester, who came to Buffalo in 1853 to teach clinical medicine at the University of Buffalo Medical School and eventually served as dean. Dr. Rochester co-founded an eye and ear clinic. offering free services to the poor.
His wife was the daughter of Bishop DeLancey, who consecrated the first Trinity Church in 1843.
Caption: House built by Dr. Thos. F. Rochester, N. W. corner Franklin and Huron Streets. The home of Burrall Spencer from 1860 for many years; from 1880 to 1893, residence of Charles G. Curtiss.
Source: "The Picture Book of Earlier Buffalo," Severance, Frank H., ed. Buffalo Historical Society Publications, Vol. 16, 1912, 396 (online)