Scajaquada Creek
Buffalo, New York

Photographs courtesy of Doreen DeBoth and Bogdan Fundalinski.


Historic Scajaquada Creek
Named after Philip Conjockety.
In the old navy yard
at the mouth of this stream
five vessels were reconditioned for
Commodore Perry's fleet
during 1813

Erected by the New York State Education Department
and Abigail Fillmore Chapter, D. A. R., 1937



The plaque is located on part of the Elmwood Avenue bridge where it passes over the Scajaquada Creek.

See also:

Page by Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..