St. Luke's Mission of Mercy
Formerly St. Luke's Roman Catholic Church
325 Walden Avenue (Sycamore at Oberlin streets), Buffalo NY

St. Luke's Mission of Mercy - Official Website

Erected:

1928-1930

Architect:

Oakley & Schallmo

Style:

Basilican Italian Romanesque 

Building materials:

Brick, terra cotta

Seating:

1050
Church closed by the Buffalo Diocese: 1993
Conversion to St. Luke's Mission of Mercy: 1994



James Napora, History of St. Luke's Roman Catholic Church

Exterior:

Facade

Portico

West Elevation

Interior:

Sanctuary

Nave

Nave murals

Stained glass

See also:

History of Neighborhoods in Buffalo: East Side

Houses of Worship on Buffalo as an Architectureal Museum


Special thanks to Founders Amy Betros and Norman Paolini for their cooperation in 2010

Photos and their arrangement 2010 Chuck LaChiusa
..| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..