Saint Vincent's Female Orphan Asylum
Later: Bishop O'Hern High School / Erie Community College / Health Sciences Charter School
1313 Main St. at Riley, Buffalo, NY
Health Sciences Charter School - Official Website
Status: Buffalo Landmark
Map - LARGER size
Entire St. Vincent's Campus:
1989 - Nomination for Local Landmark Listing Includes history of each building
1860 Robinson-Squier House:
1890 Rich Mansion:
1935 Dietel Gymnasium:
||Robinson-Squier Mansion, 1313 Main Street, built
||Sisters of Charity purchase the Robinson-Squier Mansion for Saint Vincent's Female Orphan Asylum|
||St. Vincent's expansion: Orphanage, 1140 Ellicott Street, built. Green & Wicks architect.
||G. Barrett Rich Mansion, on Main Street, built
||St. Vincent's expansion: Rich Mansion purchased for convent
||St. Vincent's expansion: Gymnasium built. George Dietel architect.
||St. Vincent's moves to Bryant Street
||St. Vincent's properties sold to Bishop O'Hern H.S.
||Bishop O'Hern H.S. properties sold to Erie County for its Community College-City Campus
||ECC-City Campus moves to Old Post Office.
1140 Ellicott Street orphanage building and the gymnasium vacant until 2011.
||Rich Mansion sold in 1984 to the Franciscans for the Little Portion Friary
||Robinson-Squier House purchased by Cash Cunningham.
||Heath Sciences Charter School opens in the 1140 Ellicott Street orphanage building and gymnasium|
|Source: Nomination for Local Landmark Listing