Church of the Advent -
Stained Glass

Church of the Advent -
Carvings & Needlepoint

Church of the Advent
Episcopal
54 Delaware Road, Kenmore, New York 

Church of the Advent - Official Website

Built:
1951
Architect:
North & Shelgren
Style:
Gothic Revival

Advent is the period beginning on the fourth Sunday before Christmas, observed by many Christians as a season of prayer, fasting, and penitence in preparation for Christmas.


Click on photos to enlarge



Present church including Parish House (to the left)

Tudor Revival style: Half-timbering, stucco

Cross gables

Main entry into original church, now the Parish House

Gothic arch over stained glass windows and oak doors

Advent window.
Stained glass windows replaced clear glass windows in 1970s.

 

 

 

"Church in the Community" window.
Stained glass windows replaced clear glass windows in 1970s.

Detail.
Windows designed and executed by Lamb Studio, Northville, NJ

Chancel and nave

Chancel

"Church in the Community" window on east side of church (Delaware Road)

Arcade: Roman arches

Oak sconces above capitals

Choir window and oak trusses of nave

Pipe Organ by Schlicker Organ Co. of Kenmore, NY

Sources:


See also:

Special thanks to Pastor Terrence Bull and wood carver Arthur F. Werner for their cooperation and patience.
Photos and their arrangement 2002 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..