The Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History &
Sponsored the following presentation:
Downtown Library 2009 - 2010 Noon Hour Lecture Series
"Imagining Buffalo Niagara in the 21st Century"
Presented by: Dennis Galucki
June 8, 2010
Mission: The Center is a digital enterprise designed to help link volunteers and life-long learning communities to imagine our future by appreciating the important role of art, architecture, history and nature in our lives and region today.
Vision: The Center will focus on imagining the following eight elements, or components, of Buffalo Niagara's future.
Let us see our region as a:
1. series of life-long learning communities linked together -
the Buffalo-Chautauqua Idea;
2. railroad hub for New York City, Chicago, and Toronto;
3. nature preserve and sculpture park;
4. center for the study of Frank Lloyd Wright;
5. community that celebrates its past;
6. community where every student and their family members are encouraged to
participate in cultural activities as life-long learners;
7. unique bi-national community;
8. creative community developing a sustainable economy.
Goals: The Center will strategically focus on eight ideas, with measurable outcomes, listed on the Center's home page. We hope the community will help work to accomplish these goals between 2010 and 2020.
"Imagine Buffalo Niagara 2010 - 2020" is designed for us who live here, to help appreciate that we already are a top 10 global destination for art, architecture, history and nature.