Richmond Ave., from "The Circle," North.

Clearly, the house pictured on the left is not the Maytham House. Instead, it is the G. H. Dunston house which was demolished so that the Maythams could build anew - a fairly common practice among the wealthy at that time.

The Circle and gasolier were removed in 1938 after Kleinhans Music Hall was built. The Circle was renamed Symphony Circle in 1958.

In 2001, there are plans for the city to replicate the circle and five light gasolier.

Photo source: "Buffalo Illustrated," pub. by H. R. Page & Co., 1890