Hotel Statler, Washington Street - later Hotel Buffalo.
When the new Hotel Statler (1921-23) opened on Niagara Square, the original Statler was renamed Hotel Buffalo.
The Hotel Buffalo closed in 1967 due to competition from suburban motels. Despite an attempt to turn the building into a culinary school, it was demolished in 1968 to create what is now known as a "shovel-ready site."
The site is now part of the open plaza in front of Dunn Tire Park. The parking lot from which this photograph was taken was cleared of buildings around 1965, and has remained "shovel-ready" to this day.