The Winfield Mang store and tavern
on the northwest corner of Delaware and Kenmore Avenues
Kenmore citizens bought out the saloon and converted
it into a residence and pharmacy which was occupied by Dr. J.J. Drake.
L.P.A. Eberhardt then bought the property and erected the "twin sentinels"
there in 1894.
The old tavern was divided and moved, and part of it still stands at 12 Warren Avenue.
The Saratoga Restaurant at Ramsdell Avenue in North Buffalo utilizes another portion.
courtesy of Tonawanda-Kenmore Historical Society
Text source: John W. Percy, "Images of
America: The Town of Tonawanda," pub. by Arcadia Publishing, 1997