• Hall & Sons
  • Offices on Niagara and Tonawanda Streets (site of Fedders Air Conditioning Co. plant today)
  • Brick found at demolished Fort Tompkins site on Niagara Street

"The manufacture of fire-brick was established in Buffalo by the late Edward J. Hall, in 1866, as a branch of the business of A. Hall & Sons, at Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Within a year or two it became an independent business, conducted by Mr. Hall during his life, and still continued, in the administration of his estate, with C. M. Helmer as its manager, and under the name of Hall & Sons. The location of the plant has always been, as now, at the corner of Tonawanda Street and West Avenue, in Black Rock. With a thorough practical knowledge of the manufacture and much executive ability, Mr. Hall organized a plant that is noted for the quality of its output. In the past fifteen years it has been largely rebuilt and extended. Modern machinery has been put in and the capacity of the works about doubled." - A history of Buffalo : delineating the evolution of the city (1911)