Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History & Nature
Sponsored the following presentation:
Downtown Library 2009 - 2010 Noon Hour Lecture Series
"Imagining Buffalo Niagara in the 21st Century"
||Hon. Paul Dyster, Mayor,
Niagara Falls NY
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Summary by Dennis Galucki
Niagara Falls has similar assets and problems as Buffalo, it is just a smaller city.
Solutions are also similar:
- Looking for innovative companies.
- How can new forms of communications translate to new forms of collaboration?
- Need to integrate transportation like cars, trains and bicycle paths.
- Utilizing our fresh water asset.
- Too many single homes for an emerging elderly population and demographic.
- Need for adaptive reuse of existing buildings.
- How to build the tourist economy around 8 million annual visitors?
Optimistic about our future if rooted in innovation and collaboration.
See also: Officials
to talk about the future of Buffalo The Buffalo News