Rock - Table of Contents
neighborhood, Buffalo, NY
Village of Black Rock was founded in 1813, annexed by Buffalo in 1854.
Boundaries: School Street, on the south, to what is now
Austin Street on the north, between the Niagara River and the eastern
boundary of the Mile Strip Reservation.
Scajaquada Creek served as the colloquial division between Lower Black
Rock, north of the creek, and Upper Black Rock, south of the creek .
Brown Company Architecture pc, Black
Rock Reconnaissance Level Historic Resources Survey
KTA Preservation Specialists, Upper
Black Rock LOCAL Historic District Nomination ... List of Properties
Kerry Traynor, Black
Rock - Belt Line - Niagara Street Industrial Heritage Historic District
(Renamed Upper Black Rock LOCAL Historic District)
R. Arthur Bowler, The Burning
Old Black Rock, Essay
Mark Goldman, First
There Was Black Rock, Essay and illustrations
Joseph A. Grande, Black Rock's
Peter B. Porter: Lawyer, Statesman, Soldier Essay
in American History Series: Peter B. Porter and the Buffalo Black Rock
Francis R. Kowsky, et.al., , Black Rock and Riverside From "Buffalo Architecture: A Guide"
Benson J. Lossing, Pictorial
Field-Book of the War of 1812 1869
Essay. See Chap. XVIII
James Napora, History of Black Rock
History Project Historic Photos
What Was the 'Black Rock' in Black
Illustrations and text
reprinted from "The Picture Book of Earlier Buffalo," 1912
Black Rock and Riverside
Buffalo's Grain Elevators - Flour milling in Black Rock
Buffalo as an Architectural Museum: 1010 -
1379 Niagara Street
Market Square Historic District
Black Rock Lock
Jacob Schmidt House
218 Dearborn St.
International RR Bridge
Xavier RC Church / Buffalo Religious Arts Center
Rowing Club / Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse
See also: History
of Neighborhoods in Buffalo, New York - Links
Page by Chuck
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo
Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..
web site consulting by ingenious, inc.