Arundells was a Medieval Canonry in the thirteenth century.
Much of the current house's appearance is due to John
Wyndham who lived there between 1718 and 1750 [Georgian
style architecture]. After a period of decay and
neglect when demolition was considered, Arundells was renovated in the 1960s, and
refurbished by Sir Edward Heath when he came to live here in 1985.