Niagara Square - Table of Contents

Architects' and Builders' Exhibits, Inc.
One Niagara Square,
Buffalo, NY

Erected:

1924
1965 - Third floor addition

Architects:

1920s Edward B. Green and Son and Albert Hopkins (Baynes-Tashberg were the heating and plumbing contractors)
1965 Robert Traynham Coles

Style:

Second Renaissance Revival


Designed by E. B. Green and Son and Albert Hopkins for their second floor offices next door to the
Buffalo Athletic Club (building on right of the first photo) which they also designed.

First floor was occupied by William H. Lyon, Buffalo's leading men's tailor.



Click on photos for larger size

Third floor is modern addition, stone faced with a band of single light windows

Front wood paneled door on right has dentiled cornice above with carved stone blocks in frieze

Carved stone blocks in frieze

Capitals on pilasters

Round arched transom

Bead-and-reel balustrade on balconet

 

See
Niagara Square
History and architecture


 

1924 photo

   


Photos and their arrangement 2002 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.