Table of Contents - Saint Andrew's

Narthex - St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
University Heights, 3107 Main Street, Buffalo, NY

Narthex: Enclosed, sacred, single-story vestiblue at the western end of the church.

Sometimes a covered porch to the main entrance, which was used only by women inhte early churches.


Click on illustrations for larger size -- and additional information


Lattice windows on either side of doors leading to nave of church

Detail from previous photo - lattice windows

Quarry window with painted decorations and roundel

Table of Contents - Saint Andrew's

1892 baptismal font

Detail from previous photo.
Grisaille pattern

Gothic style chairs



Special thanks to Rector Sarah Buxton-Smith and Parish Administrator Julie Spina for their assistance

Photos and their arrangement 2003 Chuck LaChiusa
..| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index...| .. E-Mail ...|