Linwood Avenue - Table of Contents

Episcopal Church of the Ascension House
24 Linwood Avenue , Buffalo, New York

Built;

1898

Style:

Queen Anne

History:

This former parish house was constructed by the Episcopal Church of the Ascension in 1898 and housed priests and their families until the late 1980s. After that, it was used as additional office space by the church which continued to own the property until 2000.

Location:

Linwood Historic District


Photos taken in March 2008



Click on illustrations for larger size -- and additional information

Ascension Episcopal Church

Style: Queen Anne



Engaged Tuscan columns flank door

Bay

Double ancone supports cornice



Modillions



Photos and their arrangement 2008 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...|

..
web site consulting by ingenious, inc.