Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - Table of Contents

2009 Tiffany-designed Nave Floral Windows
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
96 Jewett Pkwy. at Summit, Buffalo, NY
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - Official Website

Both windows dedicated:

1888

Design and fabrication:

Tiffany Glass Co.

Purple Fleur-de-Lis memorial:

Dr. Edward Ingersoll, by Bronson C. Rumsey

Lilies memorial:

Elizabeth Sherman Hayes, by Stephen F. Sherman

Location in church:

South nave

In 1888, it was uncommon for church stained glass windows to be devoid of Biblical scenes. Louis C. Tiffany promoted the idea that floral designs were appropriate expressions of praise for God.



Click on illustrations for larger size

South and west nave

South nave Purple Fleur-de-Lis window

Detail - Purple Fleur-de-Lis window

Palm branch

. . . .

South nave Lilies window

Detail - Lilies window

 

 

Memorial panel

 

 


Special thanks to Sexton Kevin Rung for his cooperation in 2009

Photos and their arrangement © 2009 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.