Old Editions Book Shop and Café
74-76 East Huron Street, Buffalo, NY
One of the country's largest open antiquarian bookstores. Antique artwork scattered throughout.

Visitor Information

Exterior...........

Interior...........

Books and Art...........

Furniture - Group 1...........

Furniture - Group 2...........

Furniture - Group 3...........

Furniture - Group 4......

Furniture - Art Deco /Renaissance Revival

Miscellany

The four-story building has four, 5,000 sq.ft. floors plus a basement.  It was built in 1897 and originally contained a police station on the ground floor and a rooming house on the upper levels.  In 1913 it was purchased and occupied by a carpet retailer and in the 1920s and early-30s was occupied by an electronics company.

The building was purchased in 1933 by the St. Vincent de Paul Society.  Cozzi purchased it and an adjacent two-story building in 1995.  The two-story building has loading docks and parking on the ground floor and 6,000 sq.ft. of offices on the second level.

Cozzi spent $600,000 to purchase and remodel the buildings to warehouse his book collection.  In 2003, he moved Old Editions from University Heights to the four-story building that fronts both E. Huron and Oak streets.
- Buffalo Rising October 5, 2012


Page by Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index....|.. E-Mail ...| .


web site consulting by ingenious, inc.