|James Daniels Sheppard House.
"The Calling of Matthew" window was a memorial to James Daniels Sheppard. Known for his charity and kindness, Sheppard was also the "father of music in Buffalo" who brought the first piano to the village in 1827. He taught music, had a music store, and was St. Paul's Cathedral's first professional organist.
Caption: Residence of James D. Sheppard, No. 175 Chippewa Street. Built 1844. Site now included in the Hutchinson High School grounds.
Source: "The Picture Book of Earlier Buffalo," Severance, Frank H., ed. Buffalo Historical Society Publications, Vol. 16, 1912, p. 408 (online)