Buffalo Architects - Index
James Meadows & Howard in Buffalo, NY
| Buffalo architectural firm which originally began as Green & Wicks in 1884.
It became Edward B. Green & Son in 1917 and, upon the death of the son in 1933, Edward B. Green, R. Maxwell James joined the firm in 1930 as a designer and became a partner in Green & James in 1936.
Rufus W. Meadows, who joined as a designer in 1936, became a partner in Green, James & Meadows in 1945.
When Mr. Green died in 1950, the partners continued under the name James & Meadows.
Lewis E. Howard, Jr., a former associate, rejoined Green, James & Meadows in 1946. In 1953 he became a partner in James, Meadows & Howard.
The firm's designs included the Federal Reserve Bank on South Elmwood Avenue, and buildings in the Buffalo General Hospital and Children's Hospital complexes, Erie County Medical Center, and at the University of Buffalo.
Mr. Howard died in 1956. The firm was dissolved in 1974.