Ansonia Building
722 Main Street

The Statler's Little Sisters:
Art Nouveau Ansonia and Calumet Buildings were built simultaneously with the Hotel Statler. Both feature glazed polychromatic terra cotta exteriors ornamented with plant forms, which serve as a decorative casing for the underlying steel frame structure.

The Ansonia was enlarged to the south by fifty feet in 1921, giving it a second façade on Tupper Street. Architect Eli W. Goldstein seamlessly continued Esenwein & Johnson's exterior program with duplicate terra cotta and stone.